Accounting – Account Payables
Roles and Responsibilities
Location: Petaluma, CA
Job posted: January 4, 2019
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer – Accounting Department Head
Employment Type: Full time
The successful candidate will become an integral member of the accounting team while gaining responsibility for all aspects of subcontract payables.
– Perform a variety of duties and provide support as required by the Accounting Department and CFO
– Process accounts payable billings for payment, ensuring all payment requirements are met
– Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers to answer questions and provide support to ensure a harmonious business relationship
– Provide support with Certified Payroll activities
EDUCATION, TRAINING, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– Strong reading, writing, and personal communication skills
– Ability to communicate and provide explanations over the phone
– Strong analytical skills
– Microsoft Office Suite experience (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Prefer experience in the commercial construction industry
– Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
– Position requires sound judgment ability and the ability to cooperate with a variety of interested parties
– Construction Viewpoint software and construction accounting experience is a plus!
– Must be able to work in the U.S. and possess a valid driver’s license
– Team player
– Willing to train the proper candidate
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
– Competitive salary (DOE)
– Comprehensive benefits plan, currently including: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance policies.
– 401(k) plan
– Opportunity for financial assistance to continue career growth & personal development
As part of the Midstate Construction team, you will be united with experienced professionals who are committed to monitoring all aspects of the construction project, professionals who are dedicated to building relationships and growing with the company.
High value is placed on effective communications, and our teamwork approach recognizes the strength of staff stability. We are searching for an individual interested in a long term position with the opportunity to grow and become an essential member of our energetic team.
If this looks like the opportunity for you, we encourage you to submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website www.midstateconstruction.com for further information and to stay apprised of current employment opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Midstate Construction!