Since 2004, Midstate Construction and Harsch Investment Properties have built a strong working relationship as they give shape to the fresh image of Alameda Towne Centre (formerly the South Shore Center).
Prominent features of this multi-year renovation are: completely new construction projects, exterior renovations, tenant improvements, and site improvements for numerous locations on the more than 60 acre campus. Significantly, most of these projects are accomplished while tenants are open for business. The Midstate team provides meticulous accommodation and safety features for customers and tenants, including pedestrian ramps, temporary entrances, and tunneled access routes.
These accomplishments are rooted in the Midstate Construction – Harsch Investments team management approach. Strong communication skills at all levels have enhanced coordination and production between subcontractors, tenants, owners, and building officials. The integrity of this multi-project effort is maintained by Midstate’s on-time performance, consistent scheduling, strong subcontractor affiliations, and meeting budget requirements.
Midstate has completed to date:
- New 18,000 sf shell for retail shops, including Nine West and Bon Voyage Luggage. This required the largest demolition project of all Towne Centre projects. (A)
- Expansion to 29,000 sf of an existing retail building. Interior renovation included removal of interior concrete wall. (B)
- Beverly’s Fabrics store – extensive tenant improvements, which required accommodating customers and tenants during business hours. (C)
- Shell expansion for new retail shops including The Children’s Place, GNC, Zeytini Bar & Grill, and others. (D)
- Tenant improvements for new Security Office and Public Relations. (E)
- New Safeway Store, 60,000 sf, replacing smaller store in different location. (F)
- Renovation and addition to two retail buildings totaling 43,000 sf. (G)
- Divided existing 38,000 sf building; expanded each of 2 new buildings with new open space developed between – a complex process accomplished while accommodating multiple shops open for business. (H)
- 47,000 sf building which required demolition of one building and construction of a new building joined to a renovated second building; included elevator and escalators. Project now houses Borders Books and other shops. (I)
- New Walgreen’s Store site development – from demolition of old building to new basic building structure and full interior tenant improvement. (J)
- All pedestrian walkways improved and enhanced with two fountains, trellises, trees, seating and sculpture placements. (K)
- Major site improvements for future projects which included new parking area. (L)
- Parking lot improvements and expansion surrounding South and East side of Center. (M)
- Expansion and renovation of 26,000 sf building of quick service restaurants and retail shops. (N)
- Shell improvements of 30,000 sf building for Bed, Bath & Beyond and other shops. (O)
- Renovation and related site work of major retailers space, surrounded by 12 occupied small shops for total 68,000 sf site. (P)
- Upgrades to these 12 shops required accommodating customers and tenants during business hours, while moving interior walls, and other upgrade components. (Q)
- Exterior remodel and new trash enclosure for separate island of shops. (R)